Charleston is the most adorable American City.
And it has no shortage of family offerings. Here are our top ideas on what to do with your children in Charleston with kids.
- Children’s Museum of the Low Country – a really sweet children’s museum.
- South Carolina’s Aquarium – located on the Cooper River waterfront, they have an impressive 385,000-gallon ocean tank with daily dive shows.
- The Charleston Museum – a really great way for kids to learn about the history of Charleston (and for you too 😉 )
- Dock Street Theater – The oldest operating theater in America, it still has live productions and most are family-friendly!
- The Beaches on the barrier islands- some of the prettiest beaches and cleanest beaches!
- Angel Oak Tree Park- located on St. John’s Island it’s the oldest tree in the state and one of the oldest in America.
- Waterfront Park- beautiful views of the Cooper River, you can find a playground down near Rainbow Row and you can take a dip in the infamous Pineapple Fountain if you desire.
- Boone Plantation – The most photographed plantation in America, absolutely worth a visit to learn about the enslaved Africans that helped build our country.
Where to stay in Charleston.
Downtown Charleston is the best place to stay because you can easily walk around the entire city.
Belmond Charleston Place has everything you need to make your visit to The Holy City stand out in your minds indefinitely. Located right off of King Street, removed back from the street, you’ll find the grand entrance to be a nice reprise from the city. Almost as if you get to retreat to an Oasis away from the noise.
The lobby is otherworldly, it has the perfect mix of southern charm and high-end elegance, due to both the Grand Georgian staircase and the Italian marble flooring.
The rooms are clean, bright and decked out with marble bathrooms and decadent windows.
Belmond Charleston Place has a shopping mall and several restaurants for your choosing, in an east and west wing off of the lobby, all varying in price from a small cafe to a decadent dinner house.
On the fourth floor, you will find the gym and the pool.
The pool at Belmond Charleston Place is fully enclosed during the winter months, but by summertime, you can expect the glass roof to be opened up.
Open during both the day and the evening, the open ceiling adds to the overall ambiance of the pool room. Doors, closed in the winter, open up in the warmer months for outside lounging while remaining poolside and a year-round bar is available for patrons enjoying the facilities.
Everything about Belmond Charleston Place is just simply perfect. We can’t even imagine visiting Charleston and not making Belmond our home away from home. We know you will feel the exact same way!