Dallas with kids
We recently went to Dallas to visit some family in nearby McKinney, TX and we were really excited to explore Dallas as we had never been there before. For our hotel, we chose The Fairmont Dallas and it was wonderful for a family vacation in the city.
The hotel has a wonderful art vibe throughout the lobby, which is fitting since it sits right across the street from the Dallas Art Museum.
Our suite was on the Fairmont Gold floor and I recommend staying in a Gold room if you’re staying at Fairmont Dallas. Along with your terrific room, you also have access to the Gold Lounge which offers you your own private breakfast daily along with hors d’oeuvres and dessert every night. They also have an assortment of beverages for you along with a lounge area. We didn’t need to hang out there because our room was so perfect and spacious, but we did stop by daily and the afternoon cookies were our very favorite.
Our room was a presidential suite and we could have happily moved in there. We had so much space and it was so comfortable with a giant family, dining room, wet bar a private King bedroom and a connecting room with two full-size beds. The views overlooking downtown Dallas were amazing, it was like sleeping in the clouds.
Top things to do in Dallas with kids
We wanted to be nearby attractions we could walk to and the Fairmont Dallas is in the perfect portion of the city to do so! Here is our list of 6 things to do in Dallas with kids.
Easily walkable from the Fairmont Dallas;
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science – a wonderful Science Museum, my kids can’t wait to go back on our next visit.
- DMA – free admission and a wonderful gallery with a great kids area.
- Klyde Warren Park – a wonderful stretch of greenery and splash pads that kids will love! And food trucks line the street of Woodall Rogers Freeway Eastbound known as Food Truck Lane.
And venturing out more in the city we recommend;
- Dallas Zoo – A fun Adventure Safari Monorail
- Dallas Arboretum – one of the top botanical gardens in the world.
- The Dallas World Aquarium –
We thought Dallas had a lot of wonderful activities for families and honestly, The Fairmont Dallas makes a tremendous place to stay. We can’t thank Fairmont enough for our stay and though we were hosted all thoughts are our own!