I’m probably going to nod my head and exclaim a confident “SURE” if you ever ask me to go camping with you. But, in my head I’m probably thinking, geez I hope this doesn’t pan out. I don’t do well with bugs or sweat and definitely bugs and sweat together. I did, however, consider glamping and I’m ever so glad I did.
We drove up into the White Mountains and stayed at Huttopia . There were both bugs and sweat, but also a really comfortable two bedroom trapper tent that we stayed in. It had a little kitchen with a fridge and the most important detail, a private bathroom for just us. Our tent was along a stream and we had a picnic table and a view that was priceless. We cooked our meals on the campfire and swam in the lake and the pool. It was like camping for a princess, which is what my four year old thinks she is, so it worked out perfectly for us.
Also, New Hampshire is just gorgeous and the White Mountains specifically. We had only been there in the winter when the mountains were, well white, but the mountains in summer are all kinds of goodness. We took a drive up the highest point in the North East, Mt, Washington.
Huttopia is a fun site with a pool, an airstream restaurant and a community center where families can come play games and they even have arranged activities during different days for the kids as well as movie nights.
Along with a stay at Huttopia, here is a list of 5 things you can do with your family while you’re staying in the White Mountains!
- Mount Washington Auto Road – this drive is gorgeous, very windy, probably the most nerve racking drive I’ve ever been on, but it is totally worth it! Once you’re at the top the view is incredible and the topography is totally different from that of down below. I highly recommend this drive! There is a gift shop and a place to grab a bite to eat once you’re there. But we just parked and went down one of the trails for a bit!
- Mount Washington Cog Railway – if you’re not up for taking the scenic drive up Mount Washington and you’re willing to pay, take the Cog Railway! This allows you to just sit back and take the view in instead of being anxious about the drive!
- Conway Scenic Railroad – this is an awesome excursion for the family, it’s like stepping back in time! You have three routes you can choose from, along with coach or first class options. If you choose first class you get to dine in a beautiful old fashioned dining car!
- Cranmore Mountain Resort – keep in mind you’ll need close-toed shoes for this outing, but it is a fun one! Cranmore offers a variety of adventures; a giant swing, a mountain coaster, inner tubing, zip lining and an aerial adventure ropes course for the older ones.
- Canon Mountain – The 80-passenger aerial tramway whisks you above timberline to the 4,100-foot summit for outstanding views of the White Mountains and into Maine, Vermont and even Canada!
I’m sure we will visit the White Mountains again and we will definitely try glamping again in our future. Our stay with Huttopia was gifted, but all thoughts are our own!